It is with a very heavy heart that I must relay this news: King County is now reporting 77.3 cases per 100K residents which means that senior housing moves back to Phase 1.
Here is what that means for us:
- Outdoor visits: Allowed. Residents visits with up to 2 people from the same household for 1 hour, one time per day.
- Off campus visits:
- Medically necessary trips only. Non-medically necessary trips will result in a quarantine for 14 days
- Shingle Mill Trail is considered off campus and would result in a quarantine as well.
- Risk Assessments will continue
- Activities: No group activities. Tyree will work with her team and all staff to create 1:1 events that can happen within their apartments and the library. No van rides. We will be using our iN2L and iPads for engagement.
- Salon services: cancelled
- Foot Care is still allowed: considered essential healthcare
- Dinning: Room service
- Residents aren’t allowed to mingle in the common spaces.
To move to Phase 2, the county will need to report 74 or less than cases per 100K and hold that number for 14 days.
Please send us good thoughts and your prayers as this is so hard on our staff and residents. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out.
Executive Director, Vashon Community Care